Supporting Our Community - Dr Kershaw's Cares
Dr Kershaw’s priority is the welfare of its patients, staff, volunteers, and the local community. We value and appreciate all the support we receive in helping us to provide care for all our patients, their relatives and loved ones. For over thirty years you have been supporting us, however, now it is our turn to support you.
Dr Kershaw’s Hospice is delighted to announce the launch of its new campaign ‘Supporting Our Community - Dr Kershaw’s Cares’ which will provide much needed support to the local community during the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Over the coming weeks and months, Dr Kershaw’s promises to:
- Provide you with clear, simple, up-to-date information and guidelines on how to respond to COVID-19. Ensuring that the information you receive is accurate and trustworthy;
- Share fun, uplifting, activities with you, which you can do with your children, or alone, in the safety of your home. Breaking through the boredom whilst remaining safe. For further details check out our social media platforms or the fundraising at home tab above;
- Support those who are isolated or vulnerable, by distributing key information on services available in your area, such as shopping services, takeaway deliveries, chemists, or help lines. To access this information simply email email@example.com to request an email or postal information sheet;
- Send or email activity mailings to those self-isolating, containing puzzles, crosswords, and fun activities to keep your mind and fingers active and give you a break from the TV. If you or someone you know would benefit from an activity mailing please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Make weekly friendship calls and write letters to those who are disconnected from the world, to check in and have a chat. If you would enjoy a friendly chat please send your request to email@example.com. Also, please recommend our service to friends or to someone you think would benefit from a pick-me-up at this time.
All of these activities are FREE, and our Hospice team is ready to support you in any way we can. To make a request or for further information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0161 624 2727 (Monday – Friday 9am-5pm). Or click the links at the bottom of our website to visit our social media platforms for more information!
“Our community is the heart of everything we do, together we shall support each other through this pandemic."