Will Month - Make a Will, Make a Difference 

Will Month November 2023

A Last Will and Testament is your way of telling everyone what should happen to your money, possessions and property after you pass away. If you don't leave a Will, the law decides how your estate is passed on, which might not be in line with your wishes.

Dr Kershaw’s Will Month is your opportunity to set out your wishes, which could include making sure your loved ones are provided for financially; protecting your partner if you are unmarried or even set out who will look after your children or even your pets. 

Each November, during Will Month, selected local solicitors offer to help you write your simple* Will, giving their expertise free of charge. Participating solicitors will ask instead that you make a difference by making a donation towards patient care at Dr Kershaw’s Hospice.  

With a suggested donation to Dr Kershaw’s Hospice of £100 for a simple Single Will, £150 for a Mirror Will and £75 to make changes to an existing Will (Codicil), your Will can help look after your loved ones at the same time as helping towards the care of someone else’s family.

*The solicitors taking part in the scheme are waiving their fees for simple Wills. If yours is more complex there may also be an additional fee to pay them. Your solicitor will be able to advise you of this – please discuss this with them when you make your appointment. 


You May Also Want to Support Your Favourite Charity

When you write your Will, you can also do something incredible by leaving a legacy to Dr Kershaw’s Hospice, to help us continue to care. During Dr Kershaw’s Will Month there is no obligation to leave a gift in your Will to Dr Kershaw’s, however, once your loved ones are provided for you may wish to leave a gift to a cause that means something to you, so that your generosity can live on after you.  

Leaving a gift in your Will of even 1% to Dr Kershaw’s Hospice means your generosity will live on for generations to come, and ensures those closest to you receive the remaining 99%. Your lasting gift will be helping to provide compassionate and dignified hospice care for your family and your friends’ families in years to come. Thank you.

Speak to your solicitor about leaving a gift in your Will to Dr Kershaw’s Hospice.


Contact Your Chosen Solicitor to Make an Appointment

We currently have four participating solicitors for Will Month November 2023. Please choose which solicitor below you would like to use, and contact them to arrange your Will appointment for November:


Touch Solicitors

Address: 13 Cobden Street, Chadderton, Oldham, OL9 9LE Telephone: 0161 241 9400 Email: info@touchsolicitors.co.uk


Wrigley Claydon Solicitors

Address: 29/33 Union Street, Oldham, OL1 1HH Telephone: 0161 624 6811


O'Donnell Solicitors

Saddleworth Office

Address: Appleby's Business Centre, 3 Mossley Road, Saddleworth, OL4 4HH Telephone: 01457 761 320

Uppermill Office

Address: 1st Floor, 91-93 High Street, Uppermill, OL3 6BD Telephone: 01457 761 320

Uppermill Office

Address: 44 High Street, Uppermill, OL3 6HA Telephone: 01457 761 320


Lancashire Law

Milnrow Office

Address: 61 Dale Street, Milnrow, Rochdale, OL16 3NJ Telephone: 01706 525 053

Shaw Office

Address: 33 Market Street, Shaw, Oldham, OL2 8NR Telephone: 01706 398 398

Todmorden Office

Address: 31 Halifax Road, Todmorden, OL14 5QG Telephone: 01706 818 111


eb213932-37a7-4c14-8dd4-c5faf7aafa98.pngWrigley Claydon 2.jpgO'donnell logo.JPGLancsLawLogo.png

For more information about Will Month November 2023, please contact our Fundraising Team at fundraising@drkh.org.uk or 0161 624 9984.