1. This lottery is being promoted by and on behalf of Dr Kershaw’s Hospice.
2. For the purpose of the Gambling Act 2005, this lottery is defined as a “Society Lottery”.
3. This lottery is licensed by The Gambling Commission.
4. To enter the lottery, you must be a UK resident aged 16 (sixteen) or over.
5. These Terms and Conditions are the Lottery Rules. By entering the lottery, entrants agree to be bound by these rules.
6. There will be weekly winners and six cash prizes although additional prizes could be offered from time to time.
7. All tickets shall be priced at £1.00.
8. All lottery entry sales are final and no refunds shall be made at any time. All entrants acknowledge that their payment of £1 per ticket to enter the lottery does not guarantee that they will win a prize.
9. The draw for the prizes will be held weekly. You do not need to be present at the draw to win the lottery.
10. If a cash prize is awarded, this will be made by cheque in the name of the entrant only.
11. Dr Kershaw’s Hospice Lottery reserves the right in exceptional and unforeseen circumstances to substitute any of the non cash prizes acquired for the lottery for a similar prize at Dr Kershaw’s Hospice’s Lottery absolute discretion.
12. Full payment for each ticket must be received either in the form of cash or cleared funds before the ticket can be entered in to the draw and therefore eligible to win the prize.
13. The winners of the lottery prizes will be notified by letter.
14. All entrants are solely responsible for providing Dr Kershaw’s Hospice Lottery with their accurate and up-to-date contact details. Dr Kershaw’s Hospice will be in no way liable for any failure or inability to contact any entrant due to any errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details that the entrant has provided. In the event that an entrant changes their contact details, they will be solely responsible for advising Dr Kershaw’s Hospice Lottery of the change.
15. By accepting the prize, the winner agrees to take part in promotional activity and Dr Kershaw’s Hospice Lottery reserves the right to use the name and address of the winner, their photograph and audio and/or visual recordings of them in any publicity unless prior notification has been received.
16. Each game number is unique. A randomly selected game number will be issued with the confirmation of entry. Any member may subsequently request an alternative game number if they wish at any time and this will be issued providing that it has not already been allocated to an existing member.
17. Lottery membership can be cancelled at any time by notifying Dr Kershaw’s Hospice Lottery in writing, by phone or via e-mail.
18. Dr Kershaw’s Hospice Lottery shall not be liable to the member for any loss or damage suffered or arising from:
19. Nothing within these terms and conditions shall create or should be construed as creating any form of contract between any entrant and Dr Kershaw’s Hospice Lottery.
20. Any complaints relating to the lottery should be sent in writing to Dr Kershaw’s Hospice Lottery for the attention of the Lottery Manager, giving full details of the complaint and supporting documentation.
21. Dr Kershaw’s Hospice Lottery is committed to protecting the member’s privacy. Data that is collected from the member is used lawfully in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and is used solely for the purpose of processing lottery chances, subsequent entry into the lottery draw, informing winners that they have won a prize and for sending correspondence solely from Dr Kershaw's Hospice.
22. Any member has the right to access the information held about them. To obtain this information, please contact Dr Kershaw’s Hospice Lottery in writing.
23. Dr Kershaw’s Hospice Lottery will not sell or rent any personal data to any third party.
24. In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, the decision of Dr Kershaw’s Hospice Lottery shall be final and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
25. Dr Kershaw’s Hospice Lottery reserves the right to amend these rules at any time. If Dr Kershaw’s Hospice Lottery does this, it will publish the amended rules.
26. Dr Kershaw’s Hospice Lottery reserves the right to disqualify any entrant if it has reasonable grounds to believe the entrant has breached any of the rules.
27. The Dr Kershaw’s Hospice member responsible for the promotion of the lottery is J. Penketh.
28. Each entrant should retain a copy of these Terms and Conditions for their reference.
29. This lottery is a form of gambling. Participants are encouraged to gamble sensibly.
30. A copy of these rules may be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Dr Kershaw’s Hospice Lottery at the address below or via our website.
31. The Laws of England and Wales shall govern the interpretation and/or enforcement of these Terms and Conditions and Dr Kershaw’s Hospice Lottery and all entrants hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.